There are activities for everyone at The Courville Communities.
Each of our centers is staffed with licensed and certified activities professionals. They work together with nursing, therapy and dietary staff, and the residents to plan and prepare stimulating, fun and enjoyable things to do.
Through planned in-house events, entertainers, community outings celebrations, and even impulse fun and games, we strive to create an environment in which each resident can participate and enjoy the day. Our activities are designed to encourage socialization, keep our residents engaged in new or old hobbies, provide avenues for families to join their loved one in a favorite pastime (or a new one), and promote exercise and movement in a fun way!
Upon admission to one of our centers, our activities staff will meet with the residents and their family members to find out what type of hobbies they have always enjoyed so we can add that to our monthly calendar.
We are also happy to provide game carts, reading materials, and one-on-one activities.
These are just a few of the activities you’ll enjoy at our centers:
- Physical activities including bowling, yoga, tai chi and Nintendo Wii games
- Morning “coffee talk” groups that discuss current events, horoscopes, this day in history, etc.
- Pet therapy and animal visits
- Art therapy and crafts
- Mentally stimulating games such as Rummikub, Uno, crosswords, and Sudoku puzzles.
- Entertainers, such as vocalists, children’s dance troops, pianists, etc.
- Community outings
- Holiday parties, special events, barbeques, and other fun events
- Resident Councils
- Religious services and visits
Holiday time at any Courville center is one of our favorite times of the year. Our activities, dining, and executive staffs work together to plan a party for everyone.From ice sculptures to cupcake towers, holiday music, to festive cocktails, it is our pleasure to provide the perfect atmosphere for residents, their families, and friends to all gather together to celebrate the special times of the year.